BRONX DENTAL AFTER CARE
Learn what to do after tooth extraction and end post dental surgery pain today!
- Place an ice bag on the swollen cheek. Alternate 15 minutes on and 10 minutes off for two to three hours.
- Keep firm pressure with gauze over the surgical site for at least two hours. Change the gauze as it becomes saturated
- Do not rinse your mouth for at least 24 hours.
- Do not drink from a straw for 24 hours.
- Do not smoke for at least 24 hours.
- If bleeding continues, apply a moist tea bag to the surgical site and hold in place with a firm biting pressure.
- Take pain medication as prescribed
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid spices.
- Eat only soft foods for at least 24 hours.
- Rinse with salt & water or peroxide & water four times a day for one to two weeks, beginning 24 hours after surgery.
- Brush lightly around the surgical site. More vigorous brushing can be resumed gradually as the site heals.