For most people, achieving a healthy, beautiful smile is the reason for receiving orthodontic care, however, having crooked teeth can also result in serious complications. Teeth that are not properly aligned are more susceptible to cavities, gum disease, tooth fracture or chipping, and jaw pain.
Braces and orthodontic appliances are made of metal, ceramic, or plastic. They may be removable or they may be brackets bonded to the teeth. By placing a constant, gentle force in a carefully controlled direction, braces slowly move teeth to the proper position. Gone are the days when a metal band with a bracket was placed around each tooth. You can now choose clear or metal brackets and, in some cases, the color of your appliance. Wires are far less noticeable, and the latest materials are designed to move teeth faster with more comfort. Today, any age is a great age to wear braces!
Early treatment allows your orthodontist to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child’s jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb-sucking and help improve minor speech problems
Invisalign is a state of the art invisible teeth straightening system that will easily and comfortably correct your teenager’s teeth once and for all, and they will never need to wear metal braces again.
Advantages of Invisalign:
- No ugly wires and hardware
- No diet restrictions
- No painful cuts and sores in your mouth
- No brushing or flossing problems
- No hassles and no regrets