Keep Your Smile Bright After Teeth Whitening
Whitening your teeth can provide a youthful and renewed brightness to your smile. However, there are certain precautions that must be taken to maximize the results of your whitening session such as staying away from specific foods for a certain amount of time. Just because your teeth are white again does not mean you are immune to the very things that discolored your teeth initially. Here are some of the recommendations from the Bronx teeth whitening specialists for how to get the most out of your session.
What To Avoid After Teeth Whitening
It is important to wait 48 hours before consuming foods which are capable of staining teeth. As a guideline a patient can use “anything that would stain your clothes” as an idea of what to steer clear of for this time in order to get the best results from their whitening.
Specific Things To Avoid Before
- Dark drinks like wine, coffee, cola, tea and juices.
- Fruits and vegetable such as blueberries, beets, tomato sauces.
- Dark marinades and sauces i.e. jams, soy sauce.
- Acidic food such as oranges, grapefruit, lemons, vinegar and pickles. They increase the acidity in your saliva which can damage the teeth which have just been weakened by the chemicals in the whitening solution.
- Avoid foods of extreme temperature because your teeth are very sensitive at this point. This sensitivity can last up to 36 hours after your session.
Maintaining Your Smile After Teeth Whitening
To get the most out of your service, follow the aforementioned tips on keeping your teeth white and how to brighten your smile and safely remove stains causes by food and drink without hurting the enamel of your teeth.
If you need a professional teeth whitening in the Bronx, make an appointment online or call Morris Park Dental today at -504-0697.