Morris Park Dental is dedicated to ensuring the safety and peace of mind of all of our patients and team members. In addition to the strict disinfection and sterilization protocols we have always used, our office has implemented a number of new policies and protocols designed to best protect both our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We ask that you wear a mask to our office in accordance with NY State guidelines and use the complimentary hand sanitizer station next to the front desk on your arrival.
- A temperature screening will be completed at check-in. Anyone presenting with a fever of 100 degrees F will need to be rescheduled in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Our office will provide a health questionnaire to identify any patients who have traveled, are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have been around others who have had symptoms.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines from the waiting area and operatories.
- We love siblings and visitors at our practice but during this time we ask that you limit extra companions during your visit. Only patients with an appointment will be permitted inside our office, unless the patient is a minor or an adult requiring assistance, in which case we ask that only one adult accompany that patient.
- Appointment times will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, therefore our team may reach out to you to modify the time of your existing appointment.
- You will be asked to rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash prior to treatment.
- We are following new sterilization and protective guidelines to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff members. Our doctors and assistants will be wearing more personal protective equipment than they have in the past in accordance with these guidelines, and we will be taking additional steps when cleaning rooms in between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
What You Can Do to Protect Yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of tissues after use.
- Disinfect frequently-touched surfaces.
- Learn more by visiting the CDC website.
Scheduling a Consultation
We are still accepting consultation bookings at this time. Rest assured, as a healthcare facility, we are skilled in exercising universal precautions and the highest safety standards. Request a consultation by completing the form below, or by calling 718-DR-SMILE (718-377-6453).
Rescheduling an Appointment
Please do not worry about inconveniencing us if you need to reschedule your consultation or procedure as we want all of our patients, staff, and community to prioritize their health. Please call us as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment if:
- You feel unwell or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- You have traveled in the past 14 days.
- You are experiencing cough, fever, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider immediately for medical advice.
We look forward to seeing you soon, and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient and staff member, safe at our practice. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 718-377-6453 with any questions. Be well and stay healthy!