Is your smile supported by strong, healthy gums? With gum disease now linked to larger health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and dementia, keeping your gums in excellent condition is critical for your overall health and well-being.
For gums that glow, make sure these key practices are part of your dental routine:
- Brush along the gum line in small circular patterns to loosen plaque build-up
- Floss against the shape of each tooth to dislodge food particles swept into the gum line
- Use an anti-microbial mouthwash after brushing and flossing to minimize oral bacteria
- Try a waterpik for gentle irrigation of hard to reach areas
- And schedule your regular professional cleanings to tackle hardened build-up in hard-to-reach areas and prevent disease and bone loss. Swelling, inflammation, and bleeding gums are signs of disease which indicate that your gums are in need professional attention.
Give us a call today at 718-377-6453 to schedule your professional cleaning with one of our fabulous hygienists and find out all the ways we can help you smile!